Skip to main content

My Thoughts on Max Green Alchemy

I found out about Max Green Alchemy (MGA) through a Facebook group. I'd heard of other brands such as Innersense and Yarok and while they got amazing reviews, they were also slightly expensive for me to buy without getting them on sale.
image source
First of all, they offer $4 worth of free samples with the code SAMPLES and then they also offer 10% off your first order, no code required. Founded in 2004, they were looking to create products that were environmentally clean and that actually worked. Even though they've been around for a while, they have a limited number of products, about 20 face, hair, and body products in total. They use quality ingredients and recyclable packaging. 

They are slightly chemophobic but I think that just goes with the territory. They've won awards from the Green Stars Best Conditioner and the Proggy Award for Best Cruelty-Free Personal Care Product.

I did ask about challenge testing and they do challenge tests on each batch.

Parabens work, whether people like them or not, they do the job they are supposed to do and that's inhibit bacteria, yeast, and mold. They are very cheap and have been around for decades. However, there are more options available and companies should explore the choices they have, but do so safely and I'm glad to see that Max Green Alchemy is finding alternatives.


Customer Service
I ask about challenge testing and they got back to me right away.

Affordable Products
These are pretty affordable compared to brands like Innersense and Yarok. This is what I would consider an indie luxury brand. The good thing is that they do have samples and different sizes to choose from. The larger the size, the more money you can save. They also have a sale section and an outlet section.
Ethics
I haven't found anything specific on their website that talks about ethics. They do mention that they use environmentally clean products and use recyclable packaging.

There are definitely issues with Think Dirty and EWG, but if you're interested, they rank very well there.

My Reviews
Below are the Max Green Alchemy products I have reviewed. I got samples from Bella Cuore and have to say that I wish I bought trial sizes rather than samples. For double the price, I would have gotten much, much more product. I have reviewed other companies and their products as well and you can find those on my complete list.
Discount Codes and Sales
They have $4 worth of samples with the code SAMPLES. They offer 10% off your first order. You can find the latest sales under the label for all the past sales and deals. You can also find a list at the bottom of this post.

Comments